Fall Pork and Potatoes
Share this recipe with others: Tweet
Prep: 20 min. • Cook: 4 ½-7 hours • Serves: 6
- 24-28 oz. Tasteful Selections potatoes (Recipe favorite: Purple Passion)
- 6 bone-in pork chops
- 1 small head red cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 medium apples, cored and chopped
- ½ c. red wine vinegar
- ½ c. chicken broth
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 tbsp. mustard seeds or 4 tbsp. dry mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Combine cabbage and apples in slow cooker. Place potatoes on top of cabbage mixture; set aside.
In a small bowl, combine sugar, vinegar, chicken broth, cloves and mustard seeds. Pour half of this mixture on top of vegetables. Season pork chops with salt and pepper and place on top of the potatoes. Pour the rest of the vinegar mixture on top of the pork chops. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours or on HIGH for 4 ½ hours.