Herbed Fall Vegetables
Share this recipe with others: Tweet
Prep: 20 min. • Cook: 4 ½ hours • Serves: 6
- 24-28 oz. Tasteful Selections potatoes, cut in half (Recipe favorite: Purple Passion)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 3 parsnips or 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- Medium head of fennel, halved, then cut into ½-inch slices or 4 large celery stalks, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 ½ tsp. ground sage
- 3 tbsp. butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. fresh ground pepper
Combine potatoes, sweet potatoes, parsnips and fennel in slow cooker and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together broth, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over vegetables. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 ½ hours.