Potato Sunset Sauté
Share this recipe with others: Tweet
Prep: 15 min. • Cook: 20 min. • Serves: 8
- 16 oz. "2 bite" Tasteful Selections potatoes, halved or quartered (Recipe favorite: Purple Passion)
- 1 lb. carrots, sliced in ½-inch slices
- 1 lb. turnips or rutabaga, diced in 1-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme or (1 tsp. dry thyme)
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ⅓ c. olive oil
- 1 c. water
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- OPTIONAL: Garnish: fresh thyme, chopped
Combine all ingredients except water and butter in a deep 12-inch heavy skillet or wide 3 to 6 quart heavy pot and toss to coat with oil.
Sauté on medium-high heat until some sides of the vegetables are browned, about 8 minutes.
Add water to skillet and bring to a boil. Cover skillet tightly and simmer vigorously over moderate heat until vegetables are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
Transfer vegetables with a slotted spoon to a platter, discarding thyme sprigs. Boil remaining liquid 1 minute. Remove from heat and add butter and thyme, stirring until butter is incorporated. Pour sauce over vegetables.