Potato and Asparagus Pizza
Share this recipe with others: Tweet
Prep: 15 min. • Cook: 15 min. • Serves: 4
- 5 "2 bite" Tasteful Selections potatoes (Recipe favorite: Purple Passion)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 whole wheat pizza crust
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, divided or ⅓ c. red onions, chopped
- 1 ½ c. grated part skim-milk mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled (or 4 oz. cream cheese, thinly sliced)
- 8 oz. (½ lb.) asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- ¼ tsp. fresh ground pepper
- ½ c. Parmesan cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 450-degrees. Place potatoes and salt in small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender, being careful not to overcook. Drain and cool. Cut potatoes into thin slices.
While potatoes are cooking, prep asparagus and onions and set aside.
Mix 1 tablespoon olive oil and garlic in small bowl. Brush garlic oil over dough/crust. Sprinkle ¾ of onions over crust, then add mozzarella, leaving ½-inch plain border. Top with potato slices and goat cheese. Toss asparagus, fresh ground pepper and remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in medium bowl. Scatter asparagus over pizza. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake pizza until crust is browned and asparagus is tender, about 15-18 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Cut into pieces and serve.