Lemon Fresh Potatoes & Squash
Share this recipe with others: Tweet
Prep: 20 min. • Cook: 10 min. • Serves: 6
- 16 oz. "2 bite" Tasteful Selections potatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice; zest lemon before juicing
- 2 tbsp. minced shallot or onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 ¼ tsp. dried marjoram or dried basil, divided
- Zest of one lemon
- ⅛ c. plus 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 zucchini squash, cut in ⅓-inch-thick slices
- 1 yellow squash, cut in ⅓-inch-thick slices
- ½ large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Place potatoes and salt in large saucepan, cover with water and boil until almost tender, about 12-15 minutes, being careful not to overcook the potatoes.
While potatoes are boiling, combine squash and bell pepper in large bowl; add remaining ⅛ teaspoon marjoram and 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Arrange squash and pepper mixture in a single layer on baking sheet and bake 5-8 minutes until tender, turning at least once during cooking time.
Whisk lemon juice, shallot, garlic, 1 teaspoon marjoram and lemon peel in small bowl. Gradually whisk in ⅛ cup oil. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
When potatoes are done, drain and transfer potatoes to medium bowl and add ⅛ teaspoon marjoram and 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
When vegetable medley is done, combine squash, peppers and potatoes in bowl and toss with oil and lemon juice mixture.