Fingerling Clam Chowder
Share this recipe with others: Tweet
Prep: 20 min. • Cook: 45 min. • Serves: 6-8
- 16 oz. Tasteful Selections fingerling potatoes, quartered
- 1 lb. shucked clams
- 3 c. clam juice
- 3 c. chicken stock
- ¼ c. butter
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 large stalks celery, chopped, with leaves
- 3 tbsp. dried dill weed
- 2 tbsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- ¼ c. chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Bring the shucked clams, clam juice and chicken stock to a simmer in a large pot over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes.
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and sauté onions and celery until tender.
Stir the onion mixture and potatoes into the clams. Season with dill, black pepper, salt, cayenne pepper and hot pepper sauce. Simmer 15-30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Garnish with parsley and serve.